Giuseppe Maxia's Reviews > Why Are You Atheists So Angry? 99 Things That Piss Off the Godless

Why Are You Atheists So Angry? 99 Things That Piss Off the Go... by Greta Christina

Apr 23, 2012

Recommended for: all
Read from April 17 to 18, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 1

I have been a happy godless for long time. I used to call myself an agnostic and a skeptic. Quiet books like "Why I am not a Christian" by Betrand Russell were enough to comfort me in my chosen path.
Then came Richard Dawkins, with its scientific review of the whole matter, and I abandoned the "agnostic" label for the more telling and representative "atheist".
Yet, I was still lacking something. I found myself quite enraged with religion, and I was looking for a way of putting some order in that rage. Greta Christina's book "Why are You Atheists So Angry?" helped me find order into my internal anger and added some more reasoning and fundament to topics that I had thought out on my own and were only partially developed.
I have to admit: I am fertile ground for this kind of book. There is nothing I need being converted to. But the book is a pleasure to read, and has given me the reassurance that my distaste for religion is shared by many people.
The book is also great because it gives useful resources and an insight into the world of the organized resistance to the abuses of the religious zealots.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Why Are You Atheists So Angry? 99 Things That Piss Off the Godless.