Patricia's Reviews > Knightly Love

Knightly Love by Fyn Alexander

Apr 23, 12

Read in April, 2012

Fyn Alexander

I read the book and I love it! I can understand what the author was trying to achieve, and in my opinion, Fyn Alexander succeeded.

There was a question from some reviewers whether this was a romantic story, because there was a lack of romance, specially from Sir Benedict's side.
Well, I could understand this, seeing as this book happens in Medieval times, where times and people were rough and brutal, specially knights.
For the sake of realism it would not do to have an overly romantic and soft knight. I loved this contrast: Robin's softness vs Sir Benedict's roughness.

Although I could understand Sir Benedict's roughness, I found it difficult to read (I felt sorry for Robin) and at times I felt like going into the book and slap him silly!
I also had difficult to deal with Robin's lies and cowardice regarding his teacher - he put his own selfish needs in front of the needs and safety of two innocent children (maybe this had to do with the fact that no one ever put his needs and safety in first place).

In any case I thought this was a great book, well written, totally worth reading, I was not able to stop reading once I started it!!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knightly Love.