Shayna Gier's Reviews > Evermore

Evermore by Alyson Noel

May 09, 12

Read in April, 2012

ible accident claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras, hear people’s thoughts, and know a person’s life story by touch. Going out of her way to shield herself from human contact to suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school—but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste...
Ever sees Damen and feels an instant recognition. He is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy, and he holds many secrets. Damen is able to make things appear and disappear, he always seems to know what she’s thinking—and he’s the only one who can silence the noise and the random energy in her head. She doesn’t know who he really is—or what he is. Damen is equal parts light and darkness, and he belongs to an enchanted new world where no one ever dies.

What I Loved:

I loved that the main character's name was Ever. That was just so... awesome. One doesn't usually think of Ever as a name, but it just works with Ever! Also, I loved Ever's sister, Riley. While I didn't find a boring spot while reading this, Riley certainly kept things lively and interesting. Also, I loved the fact that I never was able to guess what would happen in the story while reading it!

What I Didn't Like:

Not too much to say here. I suppose I would have liked to have the "see people's life when touching them" come into play more.

My Overall Review

(5 of 5 Stars) Evermore Fun!

I have heard really awesome things about Evermore, so when I had the chance to meet Alyson Noël, I had to buy the book and see for myself. What I found was an awesome, unique story that kept me turning page after page, despite sleep deprivation. I immediately fell in love with Ever. She's sweet, quite, mysteriously can see auras and hear peoples’ thoughts, and loves to chat with her dead sister, Riley. Riley herself is a fun character, who tortures her older sister by showing up in Ever's clothes and doing the kinds of things that most younger sisters would do if they could float around and have access to practically anything they can dream of.

Damen... I don't know what to think about Damen. He acts like a jerk for a large majority of the book, but towards the end his behavior and such is explained, and it did really soften my view of him. I have to admit, at first I thought he suffered from multiple personality disorder or else had an evil twin! I'll withhold judgment on Damen until I read book 2- and I will be reading book 2.

Warning: This book does contain lots of drinking at one point. If you are not a fan of drinking, or this in anyway offends you, you have been warned.

Disclaimer:

I bought this copy for my own personal enjoyment. This review reflects only my personal opinion. I was not paid or compensated in any way for this review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evermore.