Lisa Kay's Reviews > Touch of Power

Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder

Glass Coffin
description

★★★★½ (This is a review of the audiobook.) I just loved this one and Gabra Zackman, a narrator I’ve never heard before, did a wonderful job. Kerrick, the hero, in this book is grumpy – and boy does she make him sound that way! LOL! Though, why Quain, part of the entourage, has a Scottish accent in a post-apocalyptic/dystopian/fantasy book, I’m not sure. **shrugs** Still, Ms. Zackman convinced me she was the heroine, Avry, as she narrated from a first person POV.

This is the first in MVS’s Healers series and I can’t wait for the rest. I thought she was going to go the way of her Study series, but… no, she maintained originality in her plotline.

I haven’t read a lot from the Young Adult genre -- nor Fantasy for that matter -- but this one was wonderful. This is a fast read; the pacing is smooth and tight with enough twists to keep it entertaining all the way through. I did it as a “buddy read” and I wasn’t the only one surprised. Nevertheless, I guessed a few things correctly, so I didn’t feel like a total nitwit. If you haven’t read many YA either, this might be the one with which to start your reading adventure.

Touch of Power (Healer, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Scent of Magic (Healer, #2) by Maria V. Snyder Taste of Death (Healer, #3) by Maria V. Snyder

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touch of Power.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kouk (new) - added it

Kouk Do you like this book Lisa? I really enjoyed her Study series!

Lisa Kay Loved it, Kouk!

message 3: by Kouk (new) - added it

Kouk Lisa Kay wrote: "Loved it, Kouk!"

Thanks for letting me know Lisa!

I can't wait to read it!