Adam's Reviews > Balloons Over Broadway: The True Story of the Puppeteer of Macy's Parade

Balloons Over Broadway by Melissa Sweet

M 50x66
Apr 23, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: eced-221
Read in March, 2012

Summary:
This short story is about Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. In this story, you are introduced to the man who came up with all these fun and fascinating ideas, that we enjoy watching every year at Thanksgiving.

Critique:

The information from this book is accurate and has been researched very extensively. This makes the book rather easy to follow, and an enjoyable read. The author is very precise about all the information, and the pictures stand out because they are very colorful.

Response:
Even though the author did a great job in writing this story, it did not hold my attention very well. I believe the fact that I am not very interested in the parade, is the main reason I did not like this book. I would share this story though within my classroom. I think it would be very exciting for the children to hear about all these great ideas right around Thanksgiving.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Balloons Over Broadway.