Jeanette (Most of My Favorite Authors Are Dead)'s Reviews > Albert of Adelaide

Albert of Adelaide by Howard L. Anderson

Apr 24, 12

bookshelves: to-read

Just makes you want to break into song, don't it?

"Mind me platypus duck, Bill,
Mind me platypus duck.
Don't let him go running amuck, Bill,
Just mind me platypus duck."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Albert of Adelaide.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lori tie me kangaroo down bill!gosh I actually have this on a 45.

Jeanette (Most of My Favorite Authors Are Dead) Lori wrote: "tie me kangaroo down bill!gosh I actually have this on a 45."

A 45?! For real? You'll have to crank up the old Victrola and have a listen. Or would that be a Close 'N Play? ;-)
You've got me beat. I think I have it on a cassette somewhere. Dr. Demento or some such. One of those old shows that played novelty songs.

Lori yes I think i misquoted the line i think it is "tie me kangaroo down sport".i still even have a phonograph player. sometimes i want to hear the "crackling" of a 45 or 33. just don't have to heart to get rid of them. the song is a fun ditty to play.

Jeanette (Most of My Favorite Authors Are Dead) Those old songs are fun to sing along with. I miss all those novelty tunes.

Lori there are some fun novelty songs. i especially liked them when I was a kid. i still have a dr. demento cd around the house.P.S. cute picture of your dog.

Jeanette (Most of My Favorite Authors Are Dead) Lori wrote: "there are some fun novelty songs. i especially liked them when I was a kid. i still have a dr. demento cd around the house.P.S. cute picture of your dog."

Just today I was thinking of that song Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road. Years ago I heard a lady call in on the radio and dedicate that song to the man she was divorcing.
p.s. It's not my dog, sorry to say, but I love the pic.

Lori not sure if I heard that one might look it up online. I still like to hear songs like "hello muddah, Hello faddah"[ here i am at camp granada} and quite a few other novelty songs.

Jeanette (Most of My Favorite Authors Are Dead) I was noodling around for something else and ran across this: http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages...

Brought back a lot of fun memories.

Lori great thanks for the link.