Adam's Reviews > Little House in the Big Woods

M_50x66
Apr 23, 12

bookshelves: eced-221
Read in April, 2012

Summary:
In this book, there is a family that lives deep in the woods in a log cabin. They live a simple life and survive on the materials they have, and the knowledge they have about these materials. Because they live in the forest, the family has to be aware of all the dangerous wildlife that also live in the woods.

Critique:
This story follows many of the standards in chapter two. The author does a great job depicting how the family lives very simply and only has to worry about the chores to help them survive. The only major conflict this family is faced with is the dangers of the outdoors. I do not think this story is very relevant to the majority of the students today, however, some may be able to relate to this story.

Response:
I did not really find this book to be an enjoyable read. I though the story line was rather dull and pointless. However, I may be able to use this book in the classroom to teach children how lucky they are, and not to take anything for granite.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little House in the Big Woods.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Becky You might want to make sure they know how to spell granted first. ;)

Lynn Burgess Watch out for that granite... The only major conflict was the danger of the outdoors??? Umm... that was survival... literal survival.