Jake's Reviews > Neonomicon

Neonomicon by Alan Moore

Apr 26, 12

bookshelves: graphic-novel, horror
Read from April 23 to 25, 2012

What...the...FUCK, Alan Moore? I lead off with that as somewhat of joke, as this was one hell of a page turner, but it's also sinister as hell. It made me feel so goddamn weird. It's just sex and violence in the most evil way. I was really into the story, but it doesn't give the payoff that it promises. It stops short, which is saying a lot, considering it in no way stops anywhere in the beginning. It gets right into the weird and the occult. And, in his older age, maybe the last decade, Alan Moore has gotten really into awkward sex. I noticed it in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and, though I haven't read it, Lost Girls is supposed to be entirely...that. There are scenes in here that would be laughable if Moore didn't know how to fear right in your gut alongside it. It's a weird ride that barrels ahead until it just comes to a mosey so you can observe the eerie forest of fucked-upness in detail. It's a strange, strange world that Alan Moore paints, but it's also pretty fun. I just wish the ending had been as ambitious as the beginning, because it was launching towards one fuckin' nuts of a finale.

Goddamn, this book made me feel so weird.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Neonomicon.