Grace's Reviews > The Making of a Duchess

The Making of a Duchess by Shana Galen

Apr 25, 2012

bookshelves: 2012-new, 2012-all, ebook, historical-romance
Read from April 24 to 25, 2012

This lands somewhere between 3.5 and 4 stars, but I've decided to go with 4 stars because this was far more fun than the other book I happen to be reading right now. (As always, my ratings are subjective and should not be used for comparison.)

Not particularly realistic and very predictable, but still, I enjoyed the characters and the relationship was fun. Although, LOL, Sarah was the Worst Spy Ever.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Making of a Duchess.

Grace After reading Lord and Lady Spy, I knew I wanted to check out more of Shana Galen's books. This one's $1.99 in the Kindle store right now. Between that and the description, I am sold.

steph HAHAHAHAHA. I did the same thing last weekend when I finished that book too. Hence the reason I have these first two on my Kindle and am waiting for #3 on a library list. But it looks good!

steph Now, go to bed!

message 4: by Katie (new)

Katie Haha, so, Worst Spy Ever in a good way?

Grace A governess who got thrown into spying by force about three days before her assignment. So yeah, it was mostly just entertaining because she was really bad at it. And IMO, it kind of helped with the relationship because he could tell there was something about her that didn't make sense.

But seriously, Sydney Bristow she is not. Haha.

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie OOOH, that DOES sound fun! Lord and Lady Spy is high on my mental to read list, so, if I like it, I'll probably end up getting this one, too, haha.

Grace Yes! It is! I do think Lord and Lady Spy is a little stronger overall, but this one is still very enjoyable and I'm interested to see exactly how the next two work with Julien's brothers.