Lindsay's Reviews > Going Under

5206569
Sep 02, 14

bookshelves: to-read-with-alyssa, reviews
Read from April 23 to 24, 2012

This book started out really good; and through the majority of it I enjoyed it. But after a while the back and forth (will they or won’t they) became to repetitive and slightly boring.

One of my favorite parts was the bantering between Jessie and Claire. I especially loved Claire’s friend Payton. She had me laughing with every word out of her mouth.

I didn’t mind Jessie’s background, but I hated that Claire’s mom had a connection to him (view spoiler).

Their relationship seemed a little backwards. I don’t have a problem with a couple getting together quickly in a book, as long as it’s done well. What I don’t like is when they get together, break up, then decided to be “just friends” even though you (the reader) know that they are in love. The friendship here really slowed the book down for me.

I did love the ending though. The epilogue really wrapped up the book and gave closure to the characters.

Overall, this was a decent book and quite enjoyable. I’m not sure it will qualify for a re-read, but I don’t regret reading it for a second.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Going Under.

04/23/2012