Jacky He's Reviews > Starters

Starters by Lissa Price

U_50x66
Apr 22, 12

this book was really good even though the beginning was kind of vague. It left me wondering about what happened, what started the war to create so many deaths, and how come only the children and seniors lived through it. Other than that, I really liked the character Callie. From the book, I can tell that she is a strong girl, and that she has dealt with many hardships, considering she has lost her parents and is orphaned with her brother. Speaking of her brother, she also really cares about him. She would do practically anything for him. In this world, children can lend their bodies to seniors that want to be young again. So she does it and lives someone else's life so that she can make a few bucks for her brother. But of course, the book is filled with twists and suspense. Things go terribly wrong when she finds out her renter's plans. She wants to use Callie's body in order to commit murder towards someone else. It gets even more suspenseful knowing the fact that she can't do anything about it since her renter is living inside her. Overall, this book was well written.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Starters.