Ellen Isabella's Reviews > Someone Else's Life

Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale

May 03, 12

bookshelves: 2012, own, realistic-fiction, terminal-illness, love-the-cover
Read from April 22 to 26, 2012 — I own a copy

Someone Else's Life is a story about Rosie and Holly who are switched at birth for a reason. After Trudie dies of Huntington's disease, Rosie fears that she will inherit her mother's disease until she finds out that Trudie is not her mother. Then she tries to find out her biological mother and she discovers more unexpected facts.

A very original story that is quite complicated though with such tangled issues among the characters. There are ups and downs, surprises, happiness, mysteries and so many more elements a story can contain.

The book was such a page turner for me since it has a very fast pace and intense thrill that make me wanted to know more and more about what happens in the book. Once I started reading, it was hard to stop.

Katie Dale is a very good story teller. She has made a very interesting story with creative ways. The story is told from both Rosie and Holly's perspectives. So it is always one chapter for Rosie to be followed by one chapter for Holly and so on. What I liked the most was the way Katie did to make a link between the chapters. So the story becomes like continuous although it is told by different persons in different places but maybe at the same time. Sometimes the words in the last part of Rosie's chapter are the same with the words in the first part of Holly's. Even though, they are not seem to be forced to be written cause they all made sense to me.

I loved the story so much and very happy with the ending as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Someone Else's Life.