Maria Nesmith's Reviews > Balloons Over Broadway: The True Story of the Puppeteer of Macy's Parade

Balloons Over Broadway by Melissa Sweet

Apr 22, 12

bookshelves: eced-221

This book is the story of Tony Sarg, the man behind the magic that is the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Starting off as puppeteer, Tony was asked to develop puppets for the first ever Thanksgiving Day parade in 1924.The book explains how the Thanksgiving Day came to be.

This book is written according to chapter two. It has all the criteria, for example it tell the theme of how Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade came to be and all the details. The texts sounds like it is written from a child. The illustrations are so cute. They are very detailed and look computer generated. The pictures explain more fully they text. It makes the book come to life and helps children understand.

I really enjoyed this book. I would definitely read it to my classroom. Everyone watches the parade on Thanksgiving and this book helps children understand it. It also shows them all the hard work that goes into the parade. I would recommend this book to anyone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Balloons Over Broadway.