Callista 's Reviews > Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 3: Double Trouble

Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 3 by Brian Michael Bendis

Jul 05, 12

bookshelves: graphic-novels, smart-alecs
Read on July 03, 2012

This continued the theme of Peter Parker adjusting to his powers and learning his strengths and limits. It was going along as a pretty solid 3 star read until the last "chapter," in which it developed into something more complex and satisfying. I really liked the resolution of the Kraven problem; it was just really cool.
While her personality was quite interesting, the art depicting Gwen Stacy was over the top; she looks like some kind of Motley Crue tribute band groupie.
I hadn't been aware of the Marvel character of Justin Hammer before the Iron Man 2 movie, and the character's appearance in this story as an old, apparently Southern, unethical industrialist just wasn't nearly as entertaining as the Sam Rockwell-portrayed, cheesy, cheerfully inept, darkly greedy, oddly vain character in the movie. The comparison just again reminds me how the moviemakers and actors have elevated characters from the comics.
But I do like this comic book series and plan to keep going.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 3.