Sarah Sammis's Reviews > The Cereal Murders

The Cereal Murders by Diane Mott Davidson

Dec 27, 12

bookshelves: audio, pc, read-in-2012
Read from April 22 to May 05, 2012

The Cereal Murders by Diane Mott Davidson is the third of the Goldy Bear Culinary mysteries. As with the other books in the series, I chose to listen to the audio, performed by Barbara Rosenblat.

Goldy's son Arch is still attending Elk Park Prep. As Goldy can't afford to give huge financial gifts to the school like other parents can, she is expected / coerced / guilt-tripped into catering school events. Her latest one: the College Advisory Dinner for seniors and parents. That's all well and good until the school's valedictorian is found beaten to death and buried in the snow.

He is but the first body in this book as tension mounts over college applications and acceptance letters. This is a school that prides itself on getting its students into the very best and the pressure placed on students, parents and teachers results in a collective insanity.

As I have family members who are teachers, I hear the horror stories. Thankfully for my relatives, nothing they've experienced comes close to violence Goldy faces: poisonous spiders in kitchen drawers, a stopped up chimney and a near strangulation.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cereal Murders.

04/22/2012
14.0% "A power outage and a murder"
show 10 hidden updates…