Cindi's Reviews > A Little Bit Country

A Little Bit Country by S.J. Frost

Apr 22, 2012

bookshelves: m-m, 2012, short-story, free, favorites, hot-summer-days
Read in April, 2012

This was an excellent story. I love stories that have the opposites attract theme. Jackson and Ash could not be more opposite. Jackson is a famous country star. Ash is a big rocker. I should point out that I have always seriously disliked any type of book or short story centered on rock stars, country stars, actors, or anyone famous. I have read a couple that have worked... and worked well..... but most usually fall flat for me. This one did not.

Ash and Jackson have this tabloid feud that has been going on for about 3 years. They have never actually met face to face but the feud is kept going as a result of eager (so called) journalists. They are both scheduled to perform at a charity event at the same time. Each secretly hopes to end the feud once and for all. Once they meet, there is quite a bit of miscommunication and a lot of going back and forth but they finally get it right.

Of all the stories I have read in this anthology so far, this one is up there in the top two for me. It wasn't rush, rush and the characters are drawn out in a way where you are rooting for each of them. I really hope the author continues with this story. I would love to see where Jackson and Ash go from here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Little Bit Country.