Nakira's Reviews > Crimson Footprints

Crimson Footprints by Shewanda Pugh

U 50x66
Jun 17, 2012

Read from June 03 to 04, 2012

My rating is 4.5 stars!!!

A great book from a new author; LOVED the fact that Deena was a bi-racial architect. I too have an architecture degree and as an AA woman, I have not encountered many others.

I found the plot and characters to be unique and something different from what I am used to seeing in ethnic (AA) romance novels. Character development was good and as an AA woman, I could so relate to Deena's family members and the pressure that she felt to succeed while being viewed as a saviour. I wish that the Pugh had followed the fellowship hall work...I would have loved to see if Deena eventually helped the church along with some conversations from the church "design" meetings :).

I also want to add that the humor in the book was amazing! I LOVED the dinner with Deena and Tak's at Grandma Emma's!!!!! Them continuing to call him Chinese was a RIOT....I could SO relate!

There were a number of grammar errors that were easy to overlook but I am now starting to think that Kindle books, when edited, do not always get the same care as paper/hardbacks. I also did not understand the reason why the book was broken into four parts. It would have read just the same without it. And the big jump in time from when Tak and Deena met through for a minute. It did not hit me until the chapter where they decide to take the cross country tour and the story mentions that they had spoken a year earlier about something. I was like huh...what happened to that year.

Great work Pugh...looking forward to reading more of your work!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crimson Footprints.

06/03/2012 page 181
50.0% "So far SO good. As an AA woman with and architecture degree, I can relate to this book on SO many levels. Pugh has successfully mixed great literature with a number of LOL moments!"