Shelby the Incredible's Reviews > Just Between You and Me: A Novel of Losing Fear and Finding God

Just Between You and Me by Jenny B. Jones

May 26, 12

Read from May 09 to 25, 2012

I had no doubt in my mind that I would enjoy this book. After reading Jenny’s YA novel, There You’ll Find Me, I knew I was lethally hooked. Her use of humor to offset the heavy issues she deals with delights me beyond words, but at the same time touches our souls with heart-felt stories of renewal and grace. I just can’t get enough of it!

Maggie likes to think she escaped Ivy, Texas. She likes to think she loves her job, and that she’s not avoiding her father or her deranged sister. She likes to think she’s not afraid of anything. So when life calls her back to Ivy, back to her father and sister, back to the place her mother died, where memories haunt her and her past has yet to be forgotten, she’s anything but thrilled. And then there’s Riley, her wild and tough-on-the-outside-but-hurt-on-the-inside niece. Oh, and then Connor shows up. The kid (or one of them, at least) that she tormented in high school. But he’s no math nerd anymore. Nope. He’s Ivy’s number one (or only one) veterinarian. Not to mention, he’s hot and eligible. And he and Maggie hate each other’s guts, pretty much. Well, until they start to fall in love (that’s NOT a spoiler- you knew it would happen the minute you read “hot and eligible.” Don’t deny it. *wink*). Returning to Ivy forces Maggie to open her eyes to all the things she’s been running away from and makes her realize surrendering to God is the only way to true freedom.

I loved this book to pieces. I think I’ll like every Jenny B. Jones book I ever read. I just love her use of humor and her unique style- it keeps you entertained but when you’re finished, you realize how touching the story was and how God reveals new truths to you through it. I highly recommend this book and all of Jenny’s others (even though I have yet to read her Charmed Life series…that’s coming soon, I promise! I’m sure it’s just as good as this one, though). Just Between You and Me will make you laugh, cry, and blush (yes, the romance is amazing! And Connor is just about as hot as they come). Its humor offsets its spiritual intensity, making for a perfect summer read.

Quick Content Review: *may contain spoilers*
Clean Read!!! (Though Just Between You and Me is an adult novel, it’s squeaky clean and in my opinion, is very suitable for young adults or any age group, in fact.)
Language- None
Violence- None
Sexual- Mild (a kiss or two).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Between You and Me.

05/23/2012 page 98