Mirrani's Reviews > The Knowledge of Good and Evil

Apr 22, 12

liked it
bookshelves: finished-and-reviewed
Read in December, 2011

A book that will leave even the non-religious thinking of what is, what has been and what /could/ be to come.

When you combine strict Catholic beliefs with modern thought, you find more questions than answers. We have all heard the questions; most commonly asked among them is why would a God who claims to love his children allow death and suffering among them? This book tries to give answers to those questions and points out the many changes that have happened in the church along its evolution, all while dealing with the evolution of faith itself.

A mad adventure that you would expect out of a HBO series or action movie, The Knowledge of Good and Evil sends the main characters all around the globe in their quest to find the answers they are looking for while running to save their lives as well.

As someone who is not a part of any religion, I was touched to discover that while this book /is/ about religion itself, those who have no affiliation or one that is not rooted in Catholicism are still included within the pages. None are criticized for their beliefs, which is something so easy to do when bringing up the subject matter of death and life beyond.

Don't let the sight of one hundred and sixteen chapters scare you off. Once you begin reading, no matter what your religious background or lack there of, you will want to discover exactly what mysteries are waiting to be discovered within these pages.

Note: Though this book was a free gift from the author, the content of my review was in no way influenced by the gifting. The book speaks for itself and my review would have been worded just this way even if I'd gone out and bought it. I also give bonus points for Text To Speech enabling on Kindle format.... but that also wasn't a factor in the above review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Knowledge of Good and Evil.