Mirrani's Reviews > Chasing Spirits - The Memoirs of Reginald Weldon

Chasing Spirits - The Memoirs of Reginald Weldon by Glynn James

Apr 22, 12

bookshelves: finished-and-reviewed
Read in October, 2011

Who hasn't, at one point in time, wanted to sit and listen to an older relative telling the story of their lives? War tales are iconic in a way, and that is just what this book brings to mind, memories of listening to my family members talk about the war. The story goes beyond war, though, it tells the life of a man who has suffered an unusual loss and in the telling of his story we discover snips of the world in the previous book in the series.

Though there seemed to be more than a few editorial mistakes through the book, the story was good, well rounded and heartwarming. I was left with the feeling that I have missed something between this book and Diary of the Displaced, which comes before it, and am slightly disappointed that the order seemed somewhat out of place. It is a good story to stand on its own, however, meaning that there is really not an order of one that must follow another. I look forward to reading more about this world, so that my curiosity can be satisfied.

Note: Though this book was a free gift from the author, the content of my review was in no way influenced by the gifting. The book speaks for itself and my review would have been worded just this way even if I'd gone out and bought it. I also give bonus points for Text To Speech enabling on Kindle format.... but that also wasn't a factor in the above review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing Spirits - The Memoirs of Reginald Weldon.