Kristin's Reviews > Unleashed

Unleashed by Nancy Holder

F_50x66
Apr 22, 12

I know there are a lot of controversial reviews about this book, and I was honestly expecting it to be nothing short of, well...horrible. I was pleasantly surprised to find Unleashed to be quite an enjoyable read-a bit shallow and frankly stupid and stereotypical at times, but the end result had me satisfied and wanting more. The characters, mainly Katelyn and Cordelia, were often a tad wishy-washy. However, they were easy to understand and sympathize with. The only real problem I had with a character was Katelyn's dull-witted thought process. Even so, I can't wait for the next installment.

Here's why- Unleashed comes off as the typical paranormal romance. And while it is a bit cliche, the humor and intrigue of the book more than make up for its childishness. I really do enjoy the authors' writing, and I do love reading about Trick and Katelyn. Their relationship seems to be improving Katelyn's personality, if that's even possible. The fantasy element of the story was well-played, as was the mystery. The plot urges the reader to continue on Kat's adventure, to discover the truth of what's really going on in Wolf Springs. Overall, this book is worth the time, and for some reason I find the need to give it more than two stars. Perhaps I'm in a forgiving mood, or perhaps I enjoyed this one more than I'd like to admit.

Favorite character: Trick (confusing ethnicity aside, he was the kindest, funniest, most "normal" of them all. I swear I smiled every time he entered the page.)
Least favorite: Justin (He seems pretty useless to the plot.)
Similar books: Twilight meets House of Night meets Pretty Little Liars.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unleashed.