Kathryne's Reviews > A Witch in Love

A Witch in Love by Ruth Warburton

Aug 07, 12

bookshelves: july-2012
Read from July 25 to 27, 2012

A Witch in Love is an amazing follow up to A Witch in Winter, a book that had me begging for more. I had high expectations for this second installation and I'm glad to say they were blown away! After the ending of the first book, Anna has sworn off using her magic for good. With Anna being hunted down, however, how long will she be able to keep her magic at bay? Well, she'll try to. In a book full of magic and sweet romance, this book has the 'wow' factor.

Anna is such a relate-able main character with her common sense and stubbornness; I found I only liked her more in this book. Her determination to discover things about her past and bring along her best friend and one of my favourite characters ever, Emmaline, really moved the plot along. The other, and perhaps most important relationship in this story, is the romance with Seth. It was such a refreshing romance to read. It just seems so realistic to read their ups and downs and to read a non-obsessive YA romance.

The secret world of the witches in London was a fascinating addition to Anna's magical world. Readers will definitely develop a love-hate relationship with the wider witch world when their knowledge of them from the first book is added to the knowledge gained in the second. This is also due to the introduction of another antagonistic group of people who really did give me the chills.

Readers who love witches and romance will definitely love this book series. I found this second book to be unputdownable. I can't wait to see what happens in the next book and to find out what else we will discover about Anna's world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Witch in Love.

07/25/2012 page 17