Laura the Highland Hussy's Reviews > The Governess Affair

2043222
Jul 11, 12

Read in May, 2012

Review posted at Demon Lover's Books and More

I always know if I open a Courtney Milan book, that it will be a winner. This book did not fail me.

Serena is in quite a fix. Hugo is known for fixing problems. . .for the duke he works with. Unfortunately, Serena is a problem. Hugo is supposed to clean up any problems the duke has, and he’s worked really hard to get where he is (oh don’t be fooled into thinking he works for the duke, he has a different sort of arrangement with his Grace).

Serena quickly becomes more than a “problem” to tidy up.

Serena is pregnant and jobless. And she wants the duke to pay. Not financially, or at least not entirely. She wants him to acknowledge what he did to her. She was silent once, and look where that got her. She won’t be silenced again.

Knowing that this is a prequel to a new series has me on pins and needles for the first book (due out in August, I believe). And one thing that’s really cool? The series is about Serena and Hugo’s children. I can’t wait!

Hugo and Serena have a wonderful romance, and a wonderful story to tell. Read it, you won’t be disappointed.

My favorite line:
“I’ve never pretended to be a good man, you know. It’s just that...I’m yours.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Governess Affair.

05/20/2012
38.0% "I love the writing"
05/20/2012
38.0% "I love the writing"
05/20/2012
100.0% "I'm not sure if the end matter is the epilogue or the beginning of the next book, but I'm in love with it.
Courtney Milan:Write faster"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Keri I loved this and wished it could have been a full book. But I am eager for the series to start.

Laura the Highland Hussy I can't wait either! I read that excerpt at the back and Oh my giddy aunt, I canNOT wait for the next book!

Lady Wesley And here's the thing about Courtney Milan -- because she self-publishes, there's no specific date you can look forward to. Summer 2012 for the next book. Well, at least that means by late September. I hope!

Laura the Highland Hussy oh I didn't know that it wasn't set...let's hope we can get it in August!

Lady Wesley Her website currently says late September. She's also added an explanation of why her pub dates are so vague.

Laura the Highland Hussy okay, thanks, I'll go check it out