Freda mans's Reviews > Hollywood Celebrities: Basic Things You've Always Wanted to Know

Hollywood Celebrities by Sati Achath

Apr 22, 12

Read in April, 2012

I was excited to get this book for review, but feel it let me down a little. When seeing the description, it's the interesting factoids that appeals to me. We all want to know what our favorite celebrities are into, what colors they like, what hobbies they have..... that sort of thing. While it had this information in it, I really felt like it wasn't enough. Not personal enough. Strange when you learn of their heritage, birth and education and still feel it's impersonal, but that is my end impression.
I appreciated the information that was given, most of it is common and available knowledge, while a couple things were new to me.
The caricatures were great, very artistic indeed. Though on a few I didn't see the likeness, I still have a couple I think were spot on like George Clooney and Whoopi Goldberg.
The last criticism I have to give is in expressionism. Where the author wrote, "when a child", I would have used, "as a child".
I admit, this is a book I don't think I'll be recommending. It just fell flat for me, sorry.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hollywood Celebrities.