Anja's Reviews > Hotter Than Wildfire

Hotter Than Wildfire by Lisa Marie Rice

Apr 22, 12

Read in April, 2012, read count: 1

I actually didn't intended to read the second book, because the author and her storys weren't really my thing, but then Harry came along and he's the kind of guy I like to read about, so I picked up the second book.

I liked it more than the first one, probably because Harry was the main guy. I like his grim ways and his moodyness. Only the description of his bodyshape gave me ridiculous pictures in my brain, but that's just my brain.^^ I also liked Ellen, she was a really nice fit for him.

The story itself was good too. The author knows how to keep the pace up and the story never slowed down, which I hate, because I get easily bored when it's moving to slow. BUT for some reason the last 100 pages felt too fast for me. A lot of facts got thrown around, too many pages spend on the bad guys, which I always don't like, another personal thing and for it felt bit repetitive with the mentioning of what Ellen and Harry got through in the past. After 200 pages you kind of know it. But maybe it was just my impression.

Another thing I wasn't very fond of were those time jumps. I would like to have seen Harry handling a case and Ellen when he was still in his recovering stage, extremely grumpy, still not able to walk properly etc. We got another time jump in the end, which is okay, but I could have lived without it and then another one.

Well and the last one is the reason, why I won't pick up another book in between and keep reading. This and the curiosity of how the manslut Mike will be turned into a husband.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hotter Than Wildfire.