Donna (Jaevenstar)'s Reviews > Lucy in the Sky

Lucy in the Sky by Anonymous

Apr 22, 12

bookshelves: 2012-book-challenge, ya
Read in April, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I really don't think this is very spoilerish... but just in case, I marked it having spoilers...

I received this book in the mail from Simon and Schuster for review. It's an ARC.

Basically, it is a modern day Go Ask Alice. A good girl is sucked into a downward spiral of drug addiction. As always it is very disturbing to witness someone become addicted so easily and then have the addiction go almost completely unnoticed by family members.

In anycase, I blew through this book in less than 24 hours. I couldn't put it down.

I would have given it 5 stars if the teen telling the story wasn't kind of annoying. She whined a lot and spent a lot of time sounding like an annoying teen. I guess the other thing that bugged me was that there were always drugs around and available. How did they get their hands on it so easily? Who paid for it? Is it really that easy to get drugs these days?

If you like this book, you should read Ellen Hopkin's Crank. I liked her account of her daughters addiction to crank a lot better than this book. It is way more gritty and raw.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lucy in the Sky.