Bob's Reviews > The Power of Six

The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore

Apr 22, 12

bookshelves: soft-sci-fi
Read on April 22, 2012

The first book had to introduce the character, his predicaments, his loves, his angst, etc. before they could plunge into the action, so you were like halfway through the book before things really started happening. Boy oh boy is that not the case here. The power of six is a rollercoaster from start to finish. Breathtaking.

There are a couple minor plot points that put me off a bit (I'd go into specifics but I don't want to give away spoilers), and the writing of the book made it difficult because it is split between two totally different characters narrating in the first person; sometimes switching from one to the other mid-chapter. In the ebook version I read, there isn't even any indication that there's been a switch until suddenly the story doesn't make sense and you have to look back and realize that a couple paragraphs ago it switched to this other person. Maybe in the paper book it marks them somehow so it's not as confusing. I don't know.

Overall definitely a 4: more action than #1, and the action is pretty well-done, exciting, edge-of-your-seat. However, a few minor things that keep it from being a 5. I'm definitely looking forward to #3.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Power of Six.