Stevie's Reviews > The Pirate Next Door

The Pirate Next Door by Jennifer Ashley

Jun 24, 12

bookshelves: alpha-male, favorites, pirate, regency, witty-humor, clever-and-canny-heroine
Read from June 21 to 24, 2012

4.5 Stars easily. Simply delightful and charmingly romantic, reminiscent of classic swashbucklers from the 1940's. Jennifer Ashley has a way of writing in the elegance of the era with wit and humor that engages you throughout the story. I literally laughed out loud several times in the story. That is huge to me. The characters were complex and big as life. The story, as it thickens, had the perfect pace and build up. I especially loved how each character actions affected another which in turn affected another until it came back around to the first character and started again, peeling away the polite and proper exterior, exposing their hidden nature and adding to heighten the story's climax. Alexandra has to be one of my favorite heroines of all time. What she did to Priestly and Grayson's crew was just brilliant. And Grayson, well he's a gorgeous viscount and a very sexy pirate. No brainer there. He had me the moment he asks Alexandra to sleep naked when she goes home. Then the story of Jacobs and Ms. Fairchild and what happens at Alexandra's soirée, again, just brilliant. You could hear the gasps of the ton. Best love at first sight situation I have come across yet. Fun, intelligent and adventurous. Absolutely recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pirate Next Door.