Visionary's Reviews > Hoping for Love

Hoping for Love by Marie Force

Apr 23, 12

Read on April 22, 2012

New to me author. I was fortunate to win this book through Elisabeth Naughton's blog party (for Enraptured), and having started it I am glad I did. Generally this type of book would not have garnered my attention, I would have passed it.

When I heard that I won this book I immediately went to Amazon to read the blurb. The description of the heroine alone convinced me that I would probably like it, that Grace was the type of heroine that I could relate and connect with.

In a way I did. I was neither obese or skinny in school; however I was at the cruel mercy of my peers for entirely different reasons. That she'd been teased and ignored from her peers, it struck a chord inside me.

Not really sure what lured me into reading this book. I needed a feel-good book, one that I could relate too, without an intense plot. Grace's description in the blurg haunted my mind, and feeling rather down and invisibile, I simply started reading.

Urgh - in the beginning I wanted to toss the loser that was with Grace. What he did put me in mind of Carrie 2 without Grace going pyscho on him. Though, if anyone deserved it would be that loser. Actually his douche-ness puts me in mind of guys I knew in high school and out.

Grace and Evan's story absorbed me, and I actually started laughing in some parts. Before I knew it I went from 2% to 15% of the book. Next thing I knew it is 3:01 am and I just finished the book.

Did pause for a bit to let a friend know about the book. Definitely going to look into the rest of the series. I went in knowing that there are previous books but I was needing something "special" in my mood frame.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hoping for Love.