Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker Queen of the Undead's Reviews > Bared to You

Bared to You by Sylvia Day

Apr 27, 2012

Read in April, 2012

DO NOT read this book if you...

...ARE a huge fangirl of 50 Shades and thought that book was the best thing ever. The only thing you will do is compare the two books the entire time and convince yourself (and try to convince everyone else) why 50 shades is better.

DO NOT read this book if you...

...thought 50 Shades was just NOT your type of erotica/story. This book is very similar to 50 Shades in respects to the erotica/story.

READ this book if you...

...thought 50 Shades was overall okay but had poor writing.

READ this book if you...

...You liked 50 shades but only because of the sex scenes.

READ this book if you...

...Are curious about this type of erotica but never read 50 Shades.

51 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bared to You.

04/23
21.0% "You know this was NOT on my list to read next, however (as usual) here I am 21% completed. This is so much better than 50 shades (and yes it is very much like 50 shades but no, I don't believe you can rip off a rip off). If you like solid writing but the idea behind 50 shades, this is your book." 9 comments
04/25
39.0% "ok... so these two are very dysfunctional. One good thing about Eva is she knows what she is doing is screwed up, but she just doesn't now how to cope. Hopefully she'll learn it soon. Hot sexy scenes though. Very nice!"
04/25
39.0% "I'm too distracted by non-reading stuff. :("
04/26
51.0% "Ok. So, this is all good but boy is it taking me forever to read. I'm not driven to finish it (which is good because I have a ton of other stuff that needs to be done including reviews)."
04/27
80.0% "This book has 50 shades beat because instead of 1 screwed up guy, you have three screwed up characters! I still like it, and think it's overall very well written."
03/22 marked as: read

message 1: by mrsj (new) - added it

mrsj Added!!

message 2: by Jen (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jen So I bought this based upon what you said and now I am about 20% in. And I am ENTRANCED.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Jen wrote: "So I bought this based upon what you said and now I am about 20% in. And I am ENTRANCED."

yeah!

message 4: by Fani (last edited Apr 29, 2012 08:13AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fani So, you didn't regret buying/reading it Michelle! Do you plan to read the second book when it comes out, or not really?

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Fani wrote: "So, you didn't regret buying/reading it Michelle! Do you plan to read the second book when it comes out, or not really?"

message 6: by Sandy (new) - added it

Sandy Williams I haven't read 50 Shades. I'm kind of curious about it, but you make this one sound better. Think I'll add it to my TBR!

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Sandy wrote: "I haven't read 50 Shades. I'm kind of curious about it, but you make this one sound better. Think I'll add it to my TBR!"

I definitely think it is better. You'll have to let me know what you think since you'll be the first one I know who reads this one first.

Fani Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: "oh absolutely. I think the 2nd book will be even better. I thought this one was good except for all the running Eva did. "

Yeah, all that running was what made me take a star down as well:(

message 9: by new_user (new)

new_user Running?! LOL. Is she in track or something? That would be a new spin. Rich playboy and track star! I want to write that, dude.

message 10: by Fani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fani No track star here, but she does study some wird martial arts. Not that it does her any good though, if her immediate reaction to trouble is to pack and run:)

message 11: by new_user (new)

new_user LOL! Actually, that is the first lesson they teach you in martial arts: best strategy is to avoid a fight. If you have an opportunity to run, take it. LOL. Maybe she was strategizing.

message 12: by Fani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fani That could be it, lol!

LethalLovely~Maybe I've Always Been More Comfortable in Chaos Hmmmm. I have NEVER read 50 Shades of WTFery & never will. I will even go so far to say that I will look at you absolutely adore that series. I'll still love you but you're gonna get the O__o eyes. I do however enjoy alpha heroes & smutty erotica/erotic romances. This book was AWESOMESAUCE!

BTW, am I the only who was (view spoiler)

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead LethalLovely~Say Goodnight & Go wrote: "Hmmmm. I have NEVER read 50 Shades of WTFery & never will. I will even go so far to say that I will look at you absolutely adore that series. I'll still love you but you're gonna get the O__o eyes...."

It did kind of pop up out of left field. It was like the author forgot to put it in there and then suddenly remembered halfway through the book!

I'm glad your loved this book. I thought it was much, much better than 50. Plus, my ratings for 50 keeps lowering out of jealousy every time James makes some stupid list like Time's The 100 Most Influential People in the World list. I want to make millions and be famous even though I don't deserve it!!!!

message 15: by new_user (new)

new_user Michelle, I think a lot of people are jealous, especially writers, especially romance writers. As long as we behave ourselves, it's all good. ;)

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead new_user wrote: "Michelle, I think a lot of people are jealous, especially writers, especially romance writers. As long as we behave ourselves, it's all good. ;)"

I'm not even a writer (lol... isn't THAT obvious) and I'm jealous. Of course, I'm jealous of lotto winners and I don't even play!

message 17: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine Not jealous, just hate bad writing.

message 18: by new_user (last edited Feb 06, 2015 09:11AM) (new)

new_user Yeah, her internal dialogue, ugh. She said "oh geez" and "holy crap" so much, I was imagining this guy: