Lynn's Reviews > Guilty Wives

Guilty Wives by James Patterson

Apr 27, 12

Read from April 22 to 27, 2012

Absolutely fantastic! I'm a long-time Patterson fan, but I've been frustrated with some of his recent books, because he's been allowing his co-authors so much freedom that the books no longer read like a Patterson book. Not so with this one - or if David Ellis DID write most of it, I will make it a point to read all of his books as well, because it was spectacular!

This story is told in the voice of Abbey, one of four wives who are arrested and framed for murder (I'm intentionally leaving out details of who was murdered, so not to spoil the surprise for others). Four female friends decide to go for a "girl's weekend" in Monte Carlo, and everything is downhill from there. Most of the book deals with Abbey's attempts to survive the French prison system and to prove her innocence.

The writing is so rich in description that it is easy to become lost in it. At times, I felt I was actually there, suffering alongside of Abbey and her friends. There is also a deliciously steamy love-making scene near the beginning of the book between Abbey and a famous movie star - a fantasy that most women can relate to.

This one ranks high on my "must read" list!
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Guilty Wives.

Colette I'm a long time fan too & I enjoy the Cross, Bennett, and Women's Detective club series better than these "stand alone" novels -

Lynn Colette wrote: "I'm a long time fan too & I enjoy the Cross, Bennett, and Women's Detective club series better than these "stand alone" novels -"

For the most part, I'd agree with you, Colette, but I thought that this one was exceptional.

Colette the only Patterson books I haven't enjoyed (that much....) are Miracle on the 17th Green and I thought the Christmas wedding was sweet, but not that terrific. I agree with you on this one - I thought it was really good and I was shocked by all the reviews that found it boring and predictable!! I just usually prefer the series books.

Lynn Colette wrote: "the only Patterson books I haven't enjoyed (that much....) are Miracle on the 17th Green and I thought the Christmas wedding was sweet, but not that terrific. I agree with you on this one - I thou..."

Oh, I gave the Christmas wedding book a bad review, too. I thought it was so far-fetched that these three men would just sit around and wait for her to choose one of them. Puleeeeze!