Kristi's Reviews > Surrender

Surrender by Elana Johnson

Aug 31, 12

bookshelves: own-arc, sophomore-challenge
Read from May 12 to 16, 2012

Wow! I liked the first novel in this series, Possession. There were things that I really enjoyed and things I didn’t so much. BUT! I loved Surrender! Oh goodness was this book good! I’m not sure if I would call Surrender a sequel or a companion. We are in the same world and Surrender starts soon after Possession ends, but instead of Vi and Jag, we get Raine and Gunner. I guess it’s more of a sequel than a companion when I look at it like that! Either way, you will want to read Possession before you pick up Surrender.

I felt like I knew the world so much better this time. Perhaps that is why I enjoyed this book so much more than the first.

For those of you that loved Vi and Jag, don’t worry they are still very much a part of this story, but the show belongs to Raine and Gunn. And you will love them too. I know that for me, I enjoyed reading about them more so than Vi and Jag. I loved Raine and her strength, her resilience. She knows that the odds are heavy stacked against her, yet she still tried to change that. How could you not respect that! You get an inside look into Raine as the chapters alternate between her point of view and Gunner’s point of view.

All of the characters are very well developed. Even Raine’s father, who I loved to hate. You always know a writer does a wonderful job writing a character when you hate them so much!

This one is so addicting. You keep reading because you want to know what’s going on. And then, just when you think you know what’s going on, something happens that makes you realize you have no idea what was going on! There is a never a dull moment!

And that ending. Elana Johnson sure knows how to kill you with an ending! Ah! I need more!

One word for you: WOW!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Surrender.