Laura's Reviews > The House on Paradise Street

bookshelves: audio-books, read-2012, greece, contemporary-fiction
Recommended to Laura by: Bettie
Read from April 22 to 27, 2012

From BBC Radio 4:
Sofka Zinovieff's novel explores the long and tragic legacy of the Greek Civil War through a gripping story set in contemporary Athens.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The House on Paradise Street.

04/22/2012 "1/10. When her Greek husband dies in a car crash, Maud becomes curious about his family's past."
04/22/2012 "2/10. Antigone decides to come to Greece for son Nikitas's funeral, after nearly 60 years away."
04/22/2012 "3/10. Maud is becoming curious to know more about her husband's family's troubled history."
04/22/2012 "4/10. Maud has decided that Antigone holds the key."
04/23/2012 "5/10. Antigone opens up to Maud about the events of the Nazi occupation."
04/24/2012 "6/10. Antigone is slowly beginning to reveal to Maud the events that broke her family apart."
04/25/2012 "7/10. Maud has started to hear from Antigone the story of what happened in the civil war."
04/26/2012 "8/10. Antigone begins to reveal to Maud the reasons for her long exile."
04/27/2012 "9/10. Antigone tells Maud about her experiences with the Greek Communist partisans after the war."
04/27/2012 "10/10. Antigone has told Maud about the imprisonment and trial that led to her exile in Russia."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Chrissie I went and bought the paperback. I didn't want an abridged version. I will tell you what I think. This is the first book I have actually found myself at BBC. I am kind of proud of that...

Laura Chrissie wrote: "I went and bought the paperback. I didn't want an abridged version. I will tell you what I think. This is the first book I have actually found myself at BBC. I am kind of proud of that..."

It's a good opportunity to find great books, or even bad ones.

message 3: by Chrissie (last edited Apr 28, 2012 09:34AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chrissie I do like this. I am always attracted to books that have people who live in several different countries. I wonder why? No, I am joking. I know why.

I saw you only gave it three stars....

Laura I don't like when some dramatizations take too long to finish.