Kaitlyn Francis's Reviews > House of Night #5

House of Night #5 by P.C. Cast

Apr 24, 12

bookshelves: net-galley, reviewed
Read from April 21 to 22, 2012

Being marked means that life is just getting interesting, but for Zoey Redbird it was just the beginning to the rest of her life. As a fledgling Zoey learns that friends are always there, and with any power comes the understanding that knowledge is everything. Being tasked to learn about the five elements, Zoey along with her friends learn that anyone can make mistakes, its learning from those mistakes. With some guidance form Nyx herself, Zoey is able to find that life isn't always a test she must pass, its the fact that life can take you anywhere.

The art work really showed what I saw in my head while reading the story the first time around. Zoey has strength and they were able to show it all, what I liked was the way Zoey was able to learn what every element was and how it shaped the vampyrs before her. When it comes to learning life lessons, it was cool to see how Zoey was able to learn from her mistakes and able to see that the elements helped her understand what it would take for her to be a great vampyr. While reading the past the scenes felt real, the art work was beautiful and I got the feel of the past and every story felt as if the journey was real. I loved the elements especially the way all five mixed well with each other. This was an amazing tribute to the amazingly beautiful story and I loved how the art work came together, and how is painted a lovely picture of how i saw the characters.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read House of Night #5.