Habrewer's Reviews > The Lady is a Vamp

Jul 28, 12

bookshelves: to-read
Read in July, 2012

The Lady is a Vamp by Lynsay Sands
*A review copy of this book was received from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review*

Paul’s daughter is sick and he will do whatever it takes to save her, even kidnap an immortal. Jeanne Louise has been dreaming of the day she would find her life mate, she just never expected him to also be her kidnapper.

In the beginning Jeanie may have been a prisoner but everything changed as soon as she realized Paul might be her life mate. He was a good looking man and she was excited that she couldn’t read him; she only hoped the rest of the signs were there too.

Enforcers send this trio on the road and Jeanie does everything she can to make sure that Livy’s headaches are kept at bay, even if it causes her pain. She helps the little girl eat so she can gain some of her strength back. The sun seems to be helping her spirits as much as anything else.

Jeanie loves both Livy and Paul. She would do anything for either one, except turn Livy. She has only one turn and she’s hoping to use it on Paul, if he agrees to be her life mate. Her hopes and dreams are within her grasp until and unfortunate accident changes everything.

This book takes you on an emotional rollercoaster ride from start to finish. There is such a strong emotional connection between not only Paul and Jeanie but also Livy and Jeanie. It makes it that much harder to watch some of the events unfold. You want them to have their happily ever after but they have so much to work through before they get to that point.

Paul and Jeanie want to work things out but they are different; Paul is mortal and Jeanie is immortal. Paul just wants to feel like a man and Jeanie makes it hard by not letting him do anything for himself. She is afraid that something is going to happen and she will lose him so she tends to be overprotective and over reacts to incidents. There really is no happy medium for them as long as Paul remains human.

I love Lynsay Sands, she is one of my favorite paranormal authors and I have been reading this series from the beginning. Her books are always such fun to read and have me laughing out loud. This is the first one in the series that had me just about in tears. I connected so strongly for with the characters and felt they were going through right alongside them. When Jeanie had to make that split second decision, I kept thinking someone was going to step up to the plate. In the end, I never expected things to happen the way they did.

Overall, I think The Lady is a Vamp is my favorite book in the Argeneau series. I give this book 4½ Flaming Hearts.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lady is a Vamp.