Sara's Reviews > Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World: 75 Dairy-Free Recipes for Cupcakes that Rule

Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World by Isa Chandra Moskowitz

Oct 02, 08

bookshelves: non-fiction, 2008, cookbooks
Recommended for: cupcake lovers
Read in August, 2008

This cookbook is awesome. No one ever expects vegan food to taste good, least of all vegan desserts, but the cupcakes in this book are delicious. Granted, I haven't tried all the recipes, but the ones I've made have been great. In particular, the Cookies-N-Cream cupcakes are AMAZING. Chocolate cupcakes with crumbled oreos, topped with a vanilla buttercream frosting with crushed oreos, and garnished with half an oreo on top. Wow. It was seriously one of the best cupcakes I've ever had and you would never guess that any part of it was vegan. That cupcake recipe is probably worth the cost of the book alone! I just checked this out from the library but I think I'll be buying a copy and making more of the recipes in it.

Edited: Now that I've bought the book and have made more of the recipes, I've decided this has to be one of the best dessert cookbooks out there. Orange Pudding Cupcakes? UNBELIEVABLY GOOD! Orange cupcakes, filled with orange pudding that tastes like an orange creamsicle, then topped with marmalade and chocolate ganache - yum! And Chai Latte Cupcakes? Wow. So moist, spicy, and tasty!

If you like desserts - if you like cupcakes - you definitely need to try this book out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.