Kristen's Reviews > The Whispering House

The Whispering House by Rebecca Wade

Apr 28, 2012

bookshelves: first-read
Read from April 27 to 28, 2012 — I own a copy

I won this book in the Goodreads First Reads giveaway, it came yesterday and I was so excited to read it.

I liked the book, it was a good premise and the characters were mostly well rounded. I didn't care for the cover art too much. If I was just browsing the shelves at the library this would not be one of the books that I picked up based on how it looked. However the story line was solid. I honestly couldn't put it down once I started. I'll admit that parts of it did creep me out a bit, but it wasn't a horror story by any means.

The only thing I really didn't like about the book was chapter 29 "Connecting". I liked the idea of communication through a scrabble game instead of it being a ouija board, but the way Rebecca Wade detailed how the words were played on the board was a little confusing. She spells it out halfway through the chapter but reading that section was a bit hard in trying to figure out the layout of the board.

All in all I would definitely recommend this book to others, especially young adults who are interested in mysteries.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Whispering House.