Diana (Offbeat Vagabond)'s Reviews > Murderous Regrets

Murderous Regrets by Beth Ann Masarik

Apr 21, 2012

bookshelves: demons, gods, paranormal, science-fiction, short-story, urban-fantasy, vampires, werewolves
Read on January 05, 2012

Review posted here: http://offbeatvagabond.blogspot.com/2012/05/indie-book-review-murderous-regrets.html

Murderous Regrets is a short story (a prequel if you will) of The World Among Us (Prince of Darkness #1). The story is super short, about maybe 7 or 8 pages, but Masarik manages to give you a very nice taste of what to expect from her world. Her main character Elise is a reporter getting information from a friend named Leon who murdered the leader of the supernatural world and his best friend Jason. Leon gives his story and we find the basics of why he did what he did.

Even in a few pages, we learn that the human world and supernatural world are separated, but a few humans. We know that the gods play a big role in the supernatural world as well and manipulate things to work in their favor (well on god in particular). You will have questions, but those questions will raise your curiosity for sure. This is a super short story, but Masarik did a good job with getting our feet wet for The World Among Us which goes into more detail about this story. So I say start this series now. It is a great read with such an amazing world. Again this is just a taste and you will definitely want more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murderous Regrets.