Katy's Reviews > The Golden Flute

The Golden Flute by Catherine Lanigan

Apr 21, 12

Read in April, 2012

What a cool book! And the ending was so badass - like a scene out of an action movie.

I'm always fascinated by stories about this magical place, and this book sure did not disappoint. I was really eager to find out what happens next and everything that tied the story together.

I did want to note - and I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing - but there wasn't any particular one point of view. It was kind of like the reader is the audience watching everything unfold on stage, so you'll get bits and pieces of just about all the characters.

And boy were there a lot of characters. There were so many parties involved - you had Lili, Zane and Teddy; you had Dr. Mitchel and his team; you had Arlette and those that were loyal to her; you had Zorav and Carrington and their goonies; and then you had the thieves; and then you had the mysterious person that threw everything in such an unexpected twist. It was hard to keep up with everyone, especially at first when you're getting short scenes here and there, but it was interesting how everything came together at the end.

On a side note, for those that are wondering, there is potential romance, but you don't see anything happening beyond possible initial interest. I'm one of those who have to have romance, and I'm sorry folks, you're not going to get it with this book. But I still liked it very much - that's just how good the book was. Worry not though, I'm sure they'll progress further in future books.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Golden Flute.