Sara's Reviews > Mark of the Demon

Apr 21, 12

bookshelves: 4-5-stars
Read in September, 2009

Plot: 5 Stars
This novel kept me guessing from beginning to end. Just when I thought I may have possibly figured something out, I was completely wrong, but in a good way. I like when the plot twists are surprising. I also enjoyed how well the author's experience as a law enforcement officer came through. She balanced it perfectly: the police procedural was detailed and specific, without being cumbersome.

Pace: 4 Stars
Although the novel flowed really well for the most part, there were a few scenes that felt a little slower paced than the rest of the novel. The ending, which could have easily been very confusing if faster paced, played out perfectly.

Characters: 5 Stars
I loved the main character, Kara. She had all of the qualities you want in a tough UF heroine without the whining many heroines tend towards. And besides the characters, I loved how much detail we were given about each type of demon.

Cover: 4 Stars
I like the color and font choices for the cover. I also like the abstract design overlayed over the cover image. I'm just not the biggest fan of cover models without faces. But since the charm around the model's neck is takes some of the focus off of the model's lack of face, I can forgive the cover artist a little.

Overall: 4.5 Stars

Disclosure: I bought this book for my own enjoyment.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mark of the Demon.