Relyn's Reviews > Fearless Fourteen

Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich

Aug 31, 08

Recommended to Relyn by: a library book store clerk originally got me started on this ser
Read in August, 2008

OK. This is the first time I have ever admitted to reading these books. Make that the second time. I told a friend who I already knew loved the books. I am taking a big leap of faith that I don't loose serious-reader points in my friends' estimations. I've talked about brain candy before. These books aren't even candy. They are more like, a dessert buffet. Absolutely no redeeming nutritional value, but a real pleasure to consume.

These books are funny! FUNNY! They are. Yes, canned humor and sometimes even a little potty humor. But, still funny. Call me juvenile. I like to laugh. I like to laugh at silly, inappropriate things. I enjoy outlandish situations. (Remember, my favorite books are fairy tales. Talk about a willing suspension of disbelief.)

I have read the entire series. Yes, I think the titles are silly and the whole naming a book by number or alphabet is silly. And still I return again and again. It's the characters. You love them. You can't help it. They are lovable and flawed and funny. Plus, there's the whole Ranger vs. Joe thing. Reminds me of the Sawyer vs. Jack thing on Lost. Will she or won't she? Who will our girl choose?

If you've read the books, who would you choose?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fearless Fourteen.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dutchbaby (new)

Dutchbaby Ha ha! I readily admit to reading these books. I only read the first seven. I just forgot enter them in goodreads. Thanks for the reminder. I have a shelf I named "Empty Calories" which is exactly where these belong; they are squarely Twinkies. My other favorite junkfood author is Barbara Delinsky.

Relyn OH!! Empty Calories is a perfect description of this. Perfect! Tell me about the Shelf thing, would you? I haven't taken the time to figure it out yet.