Pamela (Lavish Bookshelf)'s Reviews > Amy Inspired

Amy Inspired by Bethany Pierce

Apr 21, 2012

liked it
Read in November, 2010

Amy Gallagher is an aspiring writer still stuck in the college world. Approaching her 30th birthday, Amy begins to examine her life as those around her are dealing with their own major life moments.

Amy Inspired is a modern story complete with references to FaceBook and unlimited cell phone calling plans. At the same time, Amy Inspired is a story for the ages as a modern woman struggles with her identity, her dreams and her desires.

At times this book is quite good. The author, Bethany Pierce, is a true wordsmith that can create scenes that make you laugh and cry at the same time. I also admired Pierce’s ability to create the main character Amy who proved to be a woman that struggles honestly with her faith, yet remains true to her moral upbringing.

For me, the difficulty in rating this book is that it didn’t really seem to go anywhere intriguing or captivating. The plot was slow to start making the beginning of the book drag on forever. Conversely, the ending was too abrupt and cryptic for my tastes, however I do think others might enjoy this book and its quick ending.

Disclosure: I received this book from Bethany House via their Book Blogger Program, but the opinion is all mine.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amy Inspired.