Cindi's Reviews > Country Mouse

Apr 26, 12

bookshelves: m-m, 2012, favorites, amy-lane, series
Read on April 26, 2012

Wow. This was awesome!

Everything starts immediately (no b.s. filler words telling the entire history of each character before the story starts) with Owen in a shady bar in London. Owen (who is bi) is on vacation from the states with his ex girlfriend. The ex has a booty call with HER ex so she sends Owen away for awhile (yeah, it was confusing but funny as hell). While sitting at the bar, Malcolm spots him. Malcolm's one-night-sub is a no-show so he sets his sights on Owen.

Owen and Malcolm are perfect. Malcolm tries to come across as a total controlling ass but Owen sees right through him. Watching the two of them as they go back and forth (even just in the bar) was great. Once they left the bar it got HOT.

I loved watching Malcolm let down his guard for Owen. I love how Owen was able to take back the control that Malcolm tried so hard to hold onto. And the ending? Freaking amazing!

Excellent book. I have read a few by Amy Lane (that I loved) but until now I haven't read anything by Alesandr Voinov (yeah I know.... I'm one of the VERY few... and he's been recommended by EVERYONE). That is about to change. Like NOW.

This will definitely be a reread.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Country Mouse.