Dawn's Reviews > Giant George

Giant George by Dave Nasser

Apr 21, 12

Read on April 21, 2012

This was another fun, light read, with the feel of an extended magazine article rather than a serious biography. But then, how do you really write a serious biography about a dog?

Even a 43" tall, 245 lb dog.

No, really, you read that right. This dog weighs more than I do right now, and I'm still classed as obese (working on it!). Guinness has officially awarded him the twin titles of "Tallest Dog" and "Tallest Dog Ever". Giant George puts the "great" in Great Dane- and I'm betting he outweighs a great many Danes to boot.

[image error]
Why yes, they DO have a saddle for that thing...

This is the tale of a reluctant dog owner who helps his wife choose a puppy and finds himself living with this gentle giant, toting the drool towels and snow-shovel pooper-scooper. On the side note it's interesting to read about how a weekend project can snowball wildly out of control. How a "happy hour" weekend project went from a straightforward Guinness record attempt to a spot on Oprah, celebrity appearances and over 100K Facebook fans.

Great for chasing away the blues, and the perfect gift for the dog lover in your life. Especially the one who'll give up their king sized bed to the dog.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Giant George.