Stacia's Reviews > Uninvited

it was ok
bookshelves: would-not-re-read
I own a copy , read count: 1

2 out of 5 stars!

Uninvited was a completely different story than what I pictured it would turn out to be- and not in a good way.

The Protagonist, Jordan, has a horrible, typical teenage life when parents aren't in the picture: Partying, drinking, drugs, horrible friends, and the reputation of not caring about receiving the "next morning" phone call after a rather intimate, and heated night.

But there's a twist that I was certainly not expecting: Her 'suicidal' boyfriend, Micheal, sits in the tree next to her window every night, tempting her to invite him in, so they can be 'together' forever. At first, Jordan believes him, and she is very tempted to let him into her home, but doesn't for fear of what he is, in actuality: A vampire.

Among her 'dead' boyfriend problem, Jordan is constantly in a inner battle with herself over being something else rather than the drunken party girl everyone knows her for. She wants to forget Micheal and start a new relationship. She wants to stop drinking and stay clean. She wants her mother to be in the picture more often. She wants, wants, wants, but is too weak to make the attempt to ACTUALLY do it.

In the end, everyone lives happily ever after in a rather.. strange kind of way that was not completely predictable. It definitely threw me off.

Overall, the story is so different than other stories, that it just DOESN'T seem to work. It's not a book I would read again, but I do commend Marrone for trying.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Uninvited.