Charlotte Jones's Reviews > The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy & Other Stories

The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy & Other Stories by Tim Burton

Aug 17, 15

Read in April, 2012

This book is full of mad ideas and sometimes disturbing themes, but overall these poems are easy to read, enjoyable and enhanced by the wonderful illustrations provided by Tim Burton. It is something that I could easily read just a few poems out of if I didn't have much time, or something that I will definitely be re-reading in its entirity at some point in the future. Robot Boy is my favourite of the collection due to the humour and interesting accompanying images.
10 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy & Other Stories.

message 1: by Tushar (new)

Tushar Sikand Don't you think the title of this book gives away the ending of the story?

Charlotte Jones Tushar wrote: "Don't you think the title of this book gives away the ending of the story?"

Well they're poems and the illustrations pretty much 'give away' the main point of the poem...

message 3: by Tushar (new)

Tushar Sikand Oh there are illustrations too! Btw what is 'Robot Boy' about?

Charlotte Jones Tushar wrote: "Oh there are illustrations too! Btw what is 'Robot Boy' about?"

To be honest the titles are pretty self-explanatory and the poems are extremely short

message 5: by Tushar (new)

Tushar Sikand Yeah...I am assuming it is a short poem about a small Robot that is male by gender and perhaps gets attracted to a female Robot. Look, I even made a poem myself in no time! :)

I think its going to be pretty close to what you read:

Robot boy, you Robot boy
Why are you so very coy

I know you have got a crush
From the logs of your system crash

Time to get in the car peep peep
Go and sound your beeper beep beep

Here we go to get your match
Robot girl! What a fine catch!