Joanne's Reviews > The Presidents Club: Inside the World's Most Exclusive Fraternity

The Presidents Club by Nancy Gibbs

May 15, 12

Read from April 21 to May 15, 2012

I found this to be a most interesting book in many ways. It certainly gives insight into the political process and how it hampers getting constructive things done while presidents are "sitting."
Once out of office they are willing to answer "the call" from the sitting president, to accomplish wonders and help millions of people. The friendships they "grow" once they are out of office is amazing. I love the stories of Bush I and Bill Clinton. Bush 1 referring to Clinton as his son.
It's a lesson in how partisan politics hampers getting things done. Perhaps the media should talk about the accomplishments these great men made once out of office. In this day when partisanship is ripping candidates right and left, it seems there is something to learn from reading this book. Basically, they were all human beings trying to accomplish great things, but "party politics," tossed them about, and misjudged them while in office. That common ground, of having been President, gives them a strong bond once out of office. You find yourself loving the guys you used to hate. I loved the book.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Presidents Club.