Tressa (Wishful Endings)'s Reviews > Just Between You and Me: A Novel of Losing Fear and Finding God

Just Between You and Me by Jenny B. Jones

Apr 21, 12

bookshelves: 2012, christian, favorites
Read in April, 2012

Maggie has had a huge wake-up call. The family she has been somewhat estranged from needs her help and it is in the form of her 10-year-old niece whose chemically imbalanced mother is no where to be seen. It requires her to go back home where she will be forced to face her high school reputation, the father who has never noticed her except to yell at her, and the death of her mother. There she runs into Connor. She doesn't remember him from high school, but he does and he doesn't like her very much. He is ruggedly handsome and, against her will, she is almost instantly attracted to him.

Another book to add to my favorites' list! There was a lot going on and reading this evoked some pretty strong emotions. I am very protective of kids and this story really broke my heart in some places. I loved the characters! Maggie is much stronger than she thinks she is and Connor is a steady rock. They have some great witty conversation and romance. There were some lengthy religious passages when Maggie is in church, but otherwise not overly preachy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Between You and Me.