Angelc's Reviews > The Saint Who Stole My Heart

The Saint Who Stole My Heart by Stefanie Sloane

Apr 24, 2012

bookshelves: already-own-read, keepers

This was my first book by this author, and it definitely won't be my last. Sloane's writing style is full of witty, Regency era banter that is so much fun to read. It's an intelligent humor that you only see in certain regency romances, I'd compare her style to such authors as Eloisa James and Julia Quinn.

The romance in the book was a bit of a double-edged sword for me. On one hand, when there were scenes between the couple where they admitted how they feel, they were so very romantic and in the old fashioned, all consuming way that I love. On the other hand, sometimes I felt like I couldn't really follow their love story. They seemed to jump into the physical too quickly, and also seemed to jump into admitting all these feelings for each other that I hadn't really seen develop.

The strong point of this book is definitely witty repartee between all the characters. Lady Mowbray is a fantastic chaperone, who really knows her job of throwing the two leads together at all costs. I really enjoyed Dash's facade of being a not-too-bright pretty boy when really he is hiding his superior, spy-worthy intelligence. I wanted to see more of this ruse played out because it was quite entertaining. Dash also had a lot of comedic moments with his roguish partner in crime, Nicholas. I'm looking forward to seeing more from these two and the rest of the friends in future books.

Fans of witty, intelligent regencies with heart will flock to this author's books.

book sent by publisher and publicist in exchange for honest review

reviewed for

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Saint Who Stole My Heart.

message 1: by Rane (new) - added it

Rane Great Review Angelc!

Angelc Thank you, Rane!!