Anne's Reviews > The Crimson Crown

The Crimson Crown by Cinda Williams Chima

1720620
Apr 02, 2016

bookshelves: fantasy, read-in-2012, young-adult, favorites, magic-stuff, read-in-2016
Read from November 19, 2012 to April 01, 2016 , read count: 2

Re-read 2016

description

Ha! I love it when a series I read years ago actually HOLDS UP!
Yeah. I'm that shallow.
Point is, book 4 was a fantastic conclusion to the Seven Realms series, and you should definitely give these books a try. Especially if you've been on the fence about this one.
GET OFF THE FENCE!

description

Original review: 2012
Reading the last book in a series you love is always hard. I was so afraid this was going to be a disappointment (Mockingjay, I'm talking to you), but I couldn't be happier with the way Chima wrapped things up.
5 big fat stars!
The only thing I can't understand is why none of my GR friends have read any of these books.
???
What is wrong with you people?!

The Crimson Crown is a wonderful ending to the Seven Realms books, but if the author wants to...
*hint, hint*
there's still plenty of room to write a few more books in this world.
I, for one, would love to continue reading about all of the characters Chima has created.
Dancer, Micah, Melody, Cat, Willo..
Really, there are so many stories left to tell in the Seven Realms, that I refuse to believe this is the end!

If you haven't picked up these books yet, you don't know what you're missing.
The Demon King.
Read it.
Now!
63 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Crimson Crown.

Yeldah (Beautiful Bibliophile) don't worry i loved this book!!! it was amazing!

Anne Yes! A fellow fan! I need to reread this whole series soon, I think.

Yeldah (Beautiful Bibliophile) Yes a reread is a must this year :D

Anne You know, that's a good goal for this year!

Sydney Kate Aha I was looking back through some of my favourite books and saw your reviews...I had the same thought as to why none of my friends or people who I follow have read these books!

Dorreh Love love loved this

Ashley I was wondering the same thing... I love this series and also her Heir series as well. I can't wait until Flamecaster comes out!!!

Anne I'm thinking of rereading all of the Heir Series next.

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE) Definitely the best one in my opinion. Han and Raisa are fantastic <333

message 10: by Anne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anne LOVE them! So scared to read the next book, though!

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE) Yeah.... I'm still not sure I will, actually. Too scared :/

message 12: by Anne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anne OMG! I was actually thinking the SAME thing. I've heard 'things' happen to these characters, and I believe I just want to let them have their HEA in my mind. I'm such a dork.

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE) ME TOO!!! I cannot handle something bad happening to Raisa, Dancer or HAN! I CANNOT. I'm still wondering if the hearbreak would be worth it, but honestly, I'm not sure it would be. Perhaps in a few years, but for now, I don't think so.

message 14: by Anne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anne For me...no. I'd end up really pissed at the author, and I don't wanna do that. ESPECIALLY if I know going in that I'm destined to get my heart broken. I'm probably going to ask around and see if I can get some spoilerish hints before I decide for sure, though. I mean, if it's her sister or nurse...yeah. I can move on. But if it's one of the BIG 3? Forget it.

message 15: by Jessica's (new)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Great review hun :)

message 16: by Alexa (new) - added it

Alexa Mostly, because that means I was right the first time, but also because it means...I WAS RIGHT.
Yeah. I'm that shallow.

*high five*

I need to finish this series soon :D

message 17: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn I'm so glad I picked up this series. Book four left then for me.

Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten* Demon King is next on my list! I just got it signed last weekend! :D

message 19: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten* wrote: "Demon King is next on my list! I just got it signed last weekend! :D"

So jelly! And enjoy!